Last Modified: February 2, 2021
• On this Website;
• In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website; and
• The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• Any third party (including the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
II. Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
If you are under 13, do not register on, make any purchases through or use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any other information about yourself on or through any of the Website’s other features. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen or user name you may have.
If we learn that personal information from a child under 13 has been collected or received without verification of parental consent, all such information will be deleted. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact the Company immediately at:
Matthew Jay Films, LLC
III. Types of Data We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including:
• Information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial information such as credit card numbers, usernames, passwords or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
• Information that is about you, individually, but does not identify you personally, such as details about your interests and activities; and/or
• Details about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details, including your Internet Protocol address (IP address).
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us;
• From third parties; for example, our business partners.
Automatically Collected Data
The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, including information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to the Company’s service, posting material, entering contests or promotions sponsored by the Company, reporting a problem with the Website or requesting further services;
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders, including financial information such as credit card numbers, expiration dates and cardholder names; and
• Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You can manage your profile and email preferences, including “opting out” of email by contacting us using the information in the “Contact Information” section, below.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate the Company’s audience size and usage patterns;
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests;
• Speed up your searches; and
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
As noted above, we do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how those technologies may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
V. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present the Website and its contents to you;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
• To provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
• To provide you with the ability to arrange for electronic payments in connection with your account or subscription;
• To carry out the Company’s obligations and enforce the Company’s rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though the Website;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website;
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about the Company’s own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet the advertiser’s target criteria.
VI. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about the Website’s users, as well as information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates;
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users of the Website is among the assets transferred;
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information;
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, the Company’s customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
VII. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email@example.com]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target audience preferences, you can opt-out sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to opt out of having your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
VIII. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like comment sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
X. Contact Information
Matthew Jay Films, LLC
The following section may be added between Section VII and Section VIII, if applicable:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
• You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
• You may also send us an email at [email@example.com] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.